Chef’s Choice 1520 Sharpener Review
White, Black or Brushed Metal – probably the hardest decision here, which color.
Why The Chef’s Choice 1520 Sharpener?
Electric knife sharpeners are, without any doubt, much more convenient to use compared to sharpening stones and other manual sharpeners. This is because they deliver greater accuracy and quicker results. However, choosing to go for an electric knife sharpener instead of a manual one, is just half of the job is done. Now you need to choose from a huge variety of brands available today in the market. If you do not make an informed decision, you may end up wasting money.
There are a few important things to have a close look at when you decide to buy an electric knife sharpener;
- One of the most important traits you should look at while buying an electric knife sharpener is that it should have an adjustable bevel angel. With an adjustable bevel angle, you can sharpen your knives with greater angles and others with smaller bevel angles according to your preferences.
- Secondly, look at the number of stages involved in the sharpening process. Some electric sharpeners come with two stages and others with three. Though it is not a hard and fast rule generally. The greater number of stages means more polished blade and more precise sharpening. Three stages mean; repairing damaged blade first, getting a sharp cutting edge and finally polishing and giving the final touch.
- Finally, the sharpening material used by electric knife sharpeners is another important consideration. The diamond abrasive is the hardest of materials used by electric knife sharpeners. Then comes tungsten, carbide, alumina ceramic and so on.
Shortlisting best electric knife sharpeners, one option worth considering is the Chef’s Choice 1520. Among the most popular and top-rated electric knife sharpeners being offered today in the market. Plus it fulfills most criteria for a good electric knife sharpener. In our Chef’sChoice 1520 AngleSelect Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener Review, we list its features and discuss its strengths and weaknesses;
Features of Chef’sChoice 1520 AngleSelect Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener
- Designed for sharpening Asian, European and American style knives with precision.
- High quality, great precision guides to automatically position the blade to the perfect angle.
- 3 stages electric knife sharpener.
- Uses 100% high quality diamond abrasive and patented polishing discs to create the gothic arch edge renowned for its sharpness.
- Built to sharpen virtually every type of knife and all shapes of blades.
- Dimensions: 12 by 6.2 by 6.4
- Weight: 5 pounds
- 3 years warranty
- Free shipping
Pros of Chef’s Choice 1520 Angle Select Knife Sharpener
The Chef’s Choice 1520 is one of the most versatile electric knife sharpeners available today in the market. It is built to sharpen Asian, as well as American and European knives with precision, accuracy & speed. It allows you to create the 15 degree angle for an Asian style knife. Also the 20 degree angle for American and European style knives. Highest quality knife guides are engineered for highest precision. They automatically position the blades on a perfect angle to give extremely professional results. Another plus point is the use of 100% diamond abrasive at its all stages. Chef’sChoice 1520 Electric Knife Sharpener is built to sharpen virtually every type of blade and all blade shapes. You can use it to sharpen kitchen knives, sports knives, scissors, straight blades, curved, serrated blades and much more.
Weaknesses of Chef’sChoice 1520 Sharpener
When it comes to performance, ease of use, accuracy, and speed, there haven’t been any serious complaints from the users. However, the biggest weakness is that it is not the cheapest out there. It would cost you more than many other quality electric knife sharpeners in the market.
Chef’s Choice 1520 Sharpener Review Conclusion
As per our detailed Chef’s Choice 1520 AngleSelect Diamond Hone Electric Knife Sharpener Review. This electric knife sharpener is unmatched in its technology, performance, and versatility. Though it isn’t the cheapest it is certainly worth its price. If you are willing to pay extra for better quality, Chef’s Choice 1520 AngleSelect is certainly your pick. Oh, and it doesn’t require a second thought.