Best Stovetop Espresso Maker Bialetti Vs Cuisinox
Best Stovetop Espresso Maker Battle Of The Brands
No kitchen is complete without the best stovetop espresso maker on the go. The aroma of fresh coffee is just so welcoming. We have put a couple of the most popular brands to the test. These are highly respected brands, with great products. So let’s have a look and see which causes your tastebuds to tingle.
Let us first explore some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a stovetop espresso pot.
The advantages include:
• Durability – The fact that stovetop espresso pots are made up of aluminum or stainless steel (for the most part) makes them ‘built for the kill’ (if I could take the liberty of using that expression). You will not have to worry about replacing your espresso maker anytime soon.
• Economical – They are all reasonably priced. Much cheaper than the ones you will find at your local coffee shop.
• Maintenance – Maintenance is relatively inexpensive when compared to espresso other machines. Rubber seals or gaskets will need to be replaced. How often entirely depends on which kind you decide to go with and how often you use it.
• Portability – Add a little something extra to your next camping trip by taking a stovetop coffee maker. No electricity is needed. Keep in mind that you will need to grind coffee before or use a manual coffee grinder if you are using whole beans.
• Quality – There is absolutely no compromise on the quality of the espresso that you end up with. In less than five minutes, you will be able to enjoy a truly spectacular espresso if you have good quality coffee beans.
The Cuisinox Roma 6-cup Stainless Steel Stovetop Espresso Maker looks a little different to the classic Italian stovetop espresso makers around, but this doesn’t seem to have affected the quality of the coffee it produces. It has even been hand crafted to the highest possible standards in the industry. It has a mirror finish, induction base, and suitable for all cooking surfaces which is beautiful as well as practical.
The best feature about this Cuisinox Roma 6-cup is that when brewing, the coffee does not spurt all over the place. If using it on gas stove, use a “flame tamer” (a metal disk to cover grate) and be careful of the handle as it gets hot. This is not such an issue as you can use a pot holder to take it off the heat and after about a minute it cools down enough to pick it up with your hands. It also comes with an extra gasket and a 25 YEAR warranty!!!
The Bialetti Moka Express Stovetop Espresso Maker is the second product we tested. This aluminum, stovetop espresso maker produces 6 cups of rich, authentic Italian espresso in just 4-5 minutes and is extremely simple to use. In fact, the genius is in its simplicity and if you ever travel to Italy, you will notice they are a core part of every Italian kitchen.
No plugs, no cords, no hassle. Just fill the lower chamber with water and the top filter with fine-ground coffee. Then place the pot on the stove and heat until the water boils. Through a pressurizing process, espresso moves to the upper chamber of the pot, ready to be served. It has a flip-up top with an easy-grip knob, a stay-cool black plastic handle (important for taking it off the stove), and a side-pour spout. For best coffee, heat at very low heat and as soon as coffee reaches the top, remove from heat. To clean, don’t use detergents, just rinse it under tap water.
Made in Italy, the espresso maker measures 4 1/4 inches wide by 8 inches tall. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
Both these brands are considered as well respected. The prices are quite a difference, which is one factor to consider. When we carried out this review, the Bialetti 06800 Express Moka Pot was a third of the buying price of the Roma. The warranty is another important aspect to consider. Do you want a 25 year peace of mind? Will a 24 month warranty be enough? The coffee produced by both of these products was excellent.
If you are buying on price, then the Bialetti is the one to go for. Got a little bit extra in your budget? Give the Cuisinox Roma your seal of approval.